The 10 Best Construction Estimating Software
Do you want an efficient way to manage all the costs related to your construction jobs? Construction estimating software is the best answer you can have. They are designed to assist contractors manage as well as track all the costs associated with any construction job, including highway construction, large civil constructions, or even home repairs.
It mainly focuses on assisting you come up with accurate bid proposals and compare estimated costs in a bid with actual costs related with equipment, materials, subcontractors and labor once you have won the bid.
But the options of software in the market are certainly overwhelming, making it difficult to choose the best.
So check out these 10 best construction estimating software and choose the best.
The Best Construction Estimating Software Compared (in full)
Check all the services in detail as per your needs and choose service wisely – by the end, you’ll know exactly which one is the right option for you.
Sage Estimating software is an ideal solution to construction companies, both small and large, providing the flexibility and power to significantly expedite the process of estimating. This software works in virtually the same way you would expect it to, helping to build bids faster and accurately. It comes equipped with cost databases and takeoff among other features.
Key features of Sage worth taking note of:
- Cut & Fill – this feature helps you determine accurate quantities that are normally difficult to match through manual takeoff processes, meaning less money goes to waste.
- Database Editor – this is equipped with a set of tools to facilitate streamlined setup and easier maintenance of estimating database. It allows you to add records quickly and update several fields in many records at once.
- Estimating standard – this feature is purposely built to accommodate growth of a company, serving as a foundation of what has been proven.
- Estimating databases – these are a set of databases prebuilt so you don’t have to create yours. They include current manufacturer pricing, parts and assemblies among others.
- Takeoff solutions – these allow you to curb risks, save time and boost profits by automating the takeoff and estimating process through pricing databases that are industry specific.
Other great features of Sage Estimating include the Schedule integrator, Model Estimating, Estimating viewer, Estimating report manager, and estimating explorer specifically designed for real estate and construction firms. Sage offers price quotations based on your database options when you make a request.
Causeway is built to help contractors reduce the traditional costs of tender enquiry by 50 percent and making the net value and costs more visible. This construction estimating software is an advanced tendering solution that can help you create more profitable bid proposals, reduce risks and manage costs effectively. It has a client base of more than 5,000 and mainly suitable for main contractors and specialist contractor under building, civil engineering and designing.
Key features of Causeway:
- Management of bids – users can effectively determine the best bid amounts.
- Billing and invoicing – users can produce billing receipts and invoices for various bids that have already been tendered and won.
- Cost database – this includes a set of databases with current industry specific pricing for materials, parts and assemblies.
- Quote management – enables users to compare the price quotation for various bids so as to present the best possible quote to win bids.
- Subcontractor management – if dealing with subcontractors, it becomes easier to manage their costs of performing specific contracts.
Causeway does not offer pricing for its software, so you can receive a quote by making a request.
3. Viewpoint for Estimating
Viewpoint for Estimating is a software designed for small and medium sized contractors to leverage the technology of digital takeoff and eliminate cumbersome, costly and low traditional planning approaches.
It features prebuilt databases to help you determine the costs of equipment, materials and labor based on the industry standards and units.
Key features of Viewpoint for Estimating
- Cost database – lets you cost any job appropriately by considering factors like weather conditions, full time, seasonal labor and skill level.
- Quote management – allows you to factor in all negotiation issues so as to determine the best quote to present to owners after winning bids.
- Project estimation – you can easily determine the labor, materials, tools and equipment for any type of construction job.
- Manage Sheet Revisions – this allows contractors to compare old plan with new one to quickly determine the changes that can result to additional costs.
- Shape Recognition – this automates the quantity counts through searching of plans and interpreting shapes and symbols to improve accuracy and save time.
Viewpoint for Estimating provides solution for specialty subcontractors, civil contractors, general contractor and owners. Pricing is offered upon requesting a quote.
4. HCSS HeavyBid
HCSS HeavyBid is an estimating and biding software specifically designed to meet the needs of construction firms. It helps more than 35,000 estimators on a daily basis in creating flexible estimates as well as managing bids efficiently.
It uses data from multiple sources and automates any repetitive tasks. Users are enabled to review as well as edit estimates with ease and determine best prices. HCSS HeavyBid I suitable for all companies with varying sizes under industrial construction power, transportation and utility.
Key features of HCSS HeavyBid:
- Quick estimates – uses data from multiple sources to help you create estimate faster.
- Flexibility in building estimates – estimates are made to be independent thus enabling users to customize when structuring.
- Automatic identification of errors – HCSS HeavyBid can automatically identify potential sources of errors in estimates and redirect you to correct those errors.
- Multi-level breakdown – enables users to subdivide complex tasks into smaller and detailed pieces for easier management.
- Subcontractor management – enables you to quickly analyse suppliers and subcontractor quote o at choose the best option.
Contractors can request price quote since HCSS does not provide pricing to public. Demos are also available upon request.
5. B2W Estimate
B2W Estimate is a cost estimating and bidding software specially designed for heavy construction firms or contractors. It’s a great software that can be used to calculate labor and material costs, track subcontractors and suppliers, manage bids and quotations.
It offers Excel integration support and can also integrate with other project management and accounting systems such as Oracle, Dexter + Chaney, Maxwell Systems among others. This construction estimating software is purposely design for earthwork, utility, paving, highway among other heavy construction contractors.
Key features of B2W Estimate:
- Easy deployment – it is quite easy to use and deploy as it features an intuitive interface and construction estimation logics.
- Databases – features a set of database with specialized functionalities for building bids from cost structures.
- Export capabilities – since it can integrate with other systems, it support export to accounting, field tracking and project management systems.
- Automated DOT bidding – this enables bidding using pre-populated bid form import and export
- Robust performance – designed with .NET and SQL to provide high performance and scalability to run complex features and accommodate future expansions.
- Work breakdown structure bidding – enables firms to develop and organize estimates in boundless hierarchical forms.
Price quotation are not provided but can be obtained upon making a request.
ProEst is renowned developer of construction estimating software with about 40 year of industry presence. This software integrates digital takeoff, cot estimating and bid analysis in one package. It been built using the .NET platform and MicrosoftSQL database.
It features materials database and cost update service support such as RSmeans, All Prier and Trade Service. It can also integrate with other project management and accounting systems. It is recommended for use by large constructions firms with at least $1 million revenue per year. It suits specialty subcontractors, homebuilders and highway contractors among others.
Key features of ProEst:
- Cost management – presents users with the ability to refine every bid and run the “what if” analyses to ensure that estimates are both profitable and competitive.
- Comprehensive material database – this features cost update service such as RsMeans and All Priser.
- Intuitive interface – built with the look and feel of Microsoft Office for a simpler learning curve and usability.
- Digital takeoff integrated – this gives users flexibility in performing takeoffs on screen by using a mouse and electronic blueprints.
- Support for various file formats – including AutoCAD, TIF and PDF.
- Customizable database – this make it suitable for all sizes of contractors.
ProEst is suitable for general contractors, concrete and masonry, residential, specialty subcontractor, electrical, mechanical and landscaping firms. It is available in three editions; Standard, Professional and Enterprise Price quotation are available when you contact them.
7. STACK Estimating
TACK Estimating produced by STACK construction Technologies, is a takeoff and estimating system for contractors of all sizes under various industries.
This construction estimating software allow users to create bids that have user defined prices thus enabling them to accurately calculate costs. Users can also execute takeoffs on their own or simply request STACK to handle the task through the STACK To-Go feature.
It also offers pre-built catalogs that include equipment, material and labor depth lists.
Key features of STACK Estimating:
- Reporting – the reporting module enable organization of data based on division, location or trade.
- Cost estimates – featured with coverage rate calculators that help in determining the type and number of materials that will be needed for a project.
- Pre-built catalogs – available for certain trades and include in-depth lists of materials, equipment, and labor.
- Cost database – determine the best cost estimates for a project by using material, labor and equipment prices from specific industries.
- Wide platform access – can be accessed on computers as well as mobile devices.
- Takeoff – provides a better and accurate ground for project takeoff.
STACK has offers users a free trial period before purchase and a starting price of $199.00 per month for a single user. Three editions are also offered; Basic, Plus, Pro and Enterprise. Its pricing also includes plans for multi-users. It’s a suitable estimating software for contractors working in any trade, from interior finish to concrete and masonry.
8. On Center Software
On Center Software is a construction estimating software that features Quick Bid and On-Screen Takeoff, having been put into use by many companies worldwide.
It is suitable for both residential and commercial contractors across different trade types. On Center Software can effectively serve medium and large sized construction firms. It does not have any limits regarding number of users who can be added into the system.
Key Features of On Center Software:
- Takeoff application – this offers on-screen takeoff support, and digitizer integration. Also supports file integration as well as 2D takeoff.
- Cost databases – makes it possible to determine the best quotes by trade.
- Integration support – it supports integration with other systems including project management and accounting platforms.
- Cost management – compatible with the tablet technology which offers field access to data for efficient management of labor and costs.
- Estimating – allows users to estimate the best quotes to present for winning bids.
On Center Software provides users with a free trial before opting for a purchase. Price quotation are offered upon request. This software can help contracting firms to boost their profit levels up to $1 million annually.
9. Priosoft Contractor’s Office
Contractor’ Office was built to cater for contractor’s estimating needs in various industries. It has capabilities and features that make it suitable for both residential and commercial contractors in a number of trades, including the electrical, plumbing, site work, HVAC, real estate developers and general contractors.
It features bidding and estimating, project scheduling and management, customer management as well as accounting applications, all in one suite. It facilitates presentation of estimates in more professional way by producing detailed estimate reports whenever firms place their bids on projects.
Key features of Priosoft Contractor’s Office:
- Bid management – helps users create detailed estimates of projects that can help in winning bids.
- Cost management – when bid are won, the software helps contractors keep them more profitable by comparing and monitoring actual costs to set budgets.
- Accounting support – this makes it easier to create invoices and billing for clients once projects are completed. It also provides AIA billing system where clients are build according to the percentage of project completed.
- Project management – makes it possible to present project proposals on time and within budgets.
- Reporting – it features an easy to use interface for users to create various types of reports on their projects or bids.
Contractor’s Office mainly targets the small contracting firms with less revenue per year. It also provides flexibility regarding the operating system being used. The pricing plan are availed on a monthly plan or on flat rates, but a 15 day free trial is available for download a well.
10. The Estimating Link
The Estimating Link is an estimating software solution by The Construction Link Incorporated. It is built to cater for the estimating needs of general construction contractors of both small and large sized firms. It’s ideal for a wide range of construction trades, including heavy highway, site work, bridge, environmental and civil works.
It’s an adaptive software that integrates estimating, billing, quantity and field tracking in a single software suite. It suitability for small jobs is supported by the fact that it does not any special setups. Users can easily use the bid items from a previous job.
Key features of The Estimating Link:
- Accounting support – this software features an accounting system support with support for multi-users, allows task estimation by hours or days.
- Scheduling system interface – it allows users to export data to various scheduling interface including Microsoft Project.
- Built in-digitizer takeoff – allows users to place their blueprints on digitizer board and perform takeoffs by tracing area on the blueprint.
- Subcontractor management – allows you to compare the prices of various supplier and vendors to determine the best quotes that are profitable to a project.
- Bid management – supports balancing of bid, enables users to place lump sum as well as unit price bids.
Estimating Link offers two pricing plans, including the Single user license and Multi-user licenses. Price quotes are obtained by making a request.
Finding the best estimating software out of these ten option will require you to delve into each software option and consider the feature and budget that are suitable for your construction needs.
Most of them suit contractors from various industries and sizes, so finding one that best meets your contractor needs to win bid easily won’t be much of a big deal.
- The 10 Best Contractor Management Software
- The 10 Best Architecture Software
- The 10 Best Virtualization Software
- The 10 Best Legal Billing Software
- The 10 Best Business Management Software
- The 10 Best Email Marketing Software
- The 10 Best Computerized Maintenance Management System Software
- The 10 Best Human Resource Software
- The 10 Best Cloud Management Software
- The 10 Best Product Lifecycle Management Software
- The 10 Best Manufacturing Software
- The 10 Best Customer Relationship Management Software
- The 10 Best Risk Management Software
- The 10 Best Task Management Software
- The 10 Best Barcoding Software
- The 10 Best Business Intelligence Software
- The 10 Best Accounting Software
- Top 10 Best Fleet Management Software
- The 10 Best Time Tracking Software
- The 10 Best Church Management Software